Friday, September 24, 2010

Blogging 101 (Or My First Post)

Well, I probably would not even qualify for Blogging 101 if there was such a thing.  I've been considering starting a blog for several years now....I've gone back and forth with reasons to start one and reasons not to start one.  A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I defintely needed (needed might be a strong word) to start one.  Not that I have anything interesting to say, mind you, but simply because I wanted to do it!  Then, I realized I had to come up with a name.  I wanted something clever, something catchy, something that might make someone want to read what I have to say.  Needless to say, I couldn't come up with anything.  The more I thought about it, the more I decided the name did not have to be catchy, but did need to be something that captured the essence of what I would try to do on my blog - which was talk about daily life.

Life is a journey and God intends us to find joy in the journey.  Now, that doesn't mind that life will always be joyful, it just means that we can only find true joy with God!  True joy is not a dependent on circumstances.  Paul says in Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again:  Rejoice!"  I readily admit that I am not always a joyful person.  If the truth be known, I am probably less joyful than most.  BUT, my desire is to experience true joy, and the only way I can experience true joy in every facet of my life is to truly rejoice in the Lord always.  Thus, The Joy is in the Journey was born!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Angela! Angela's Joyful journey is such a cool name! Can't wait to keep reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete